Whether you are buying a remote control car for adults or kids, they are a device that is certain to bring hours of fun. RC Cars have improved massively over the years with some designed for speed, drifting and even rock crawling.
The best remote control car is the Traxx Mustang GT RC Car that is a scaled model of the Ford Mustang and is powerful, efficient and very durable.
Choosing a remote control car for kids will require combining ease of use, design and value for money. Whereas an adult would be more interested in RC Cars for maximum speed, drifting and even off road use.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Remote Control Cars
- 2 Traxxas Mustang GT Remote Control Car
- 3 Exceed RC Drift Star RC Drift Car
- 4 Traxxas XO AWD Fast RC Car
- 5 Redcat Racing Everest Gen7 RC Rock Crawler
- 6 Ferrari La Ferrari RC Car
- 7 RC Cars Buying Guide
- 8 Conclusion
Best Remote Control Cars
|RC Cars||Type||Max Speed|
|Traxxas 83044-4 Mustang GT||All Rounder||30+ MPH|
|Exceed RC Drift Star||Drift||5 to 15 MPH|
|Traxxas XO-1 AWD Supercar||Fastest||100+ MPH|
|Redcat Racing Everest Gen7 Pro||Rock Crawler||10 to 12 MPH|
|Ferrari La Ferrari||Cheap All Rounder||8 to 10 MPH|
There are hundreds of cheap RC cars available but many of those will simply break after a few uses. We have compiled the best RC cars that provide standout features within certain areas, which include speed, drifting and off road abilities.
There are gas powered remote control cars available but since electric technology has improved, the speed and durability has followed. All of our recommendations are electric RC cars that suit a range of budgets.
With many different types of remote control cars to choose, you should ensure the one you choose is durable, works on all terrains and powerful. Below is a list of the best RC cars that provide hours of enjoyment and suit a range of activities.
Traxxas Mustang GT Remote Control Car
The Traxxas Mustang provides a very authentic remote control race car experience, and one of the best RC cars on the market. It’s a scale version of a Ford Mustang that is officially licensed by the Ford brand, so you can truly experience the style and design of a Mustang in a remote control design. It’s completely to scale and even contains four wheel drive.
Some of the standout specs of the Traxxas Mustang include:
- Accurate 4-tec 2.0 chassis with a 0.3 inch ground clearance
- Speed capability of 30 miles per hour to outrace the competition
- Titan 12-turn motor
- Waterproof XL-5 ESC as well as watertight receiver box
- Long range remote control with TQ 2.4 GHz
The Traxxas Mustang GT truly stands out from the competition because it is so durable and provides high performance speed and strength. It outraces other cars with a high speed capability and powerful engine, and because it is completely waterproof, you can use it anywhere without worrying about malfunctions.
The remote control is also very high quality and works with no glitching or interference. The tires are designed to be used outdoors on actual roads, and they have superior grip that allows for tighter turns and more accurate driving.
It’s important to note that the charger and battery for the Traxxas Mustang are sold separately from the car. Many drivers prefer this, because it allows them to choose the battery that best suits their needs but others find this fairly annoying.Check it Out
Exceed RC Drift Star RC Drift Car
The Exceed RC Drift Star is a remote control car for drifting. It is designed specifically to drift without damage to provide you with better speed, control, and power, while using the engine more efficiently. The car comes preassembled with a detailed, painted design that feels like a real racecar.
The Exceed RC Drift Star comes with:
- KV 3300 brushless motor works efficiently while providing electric power
- 4-wheel drive allows for more drifting control
- 5 millimeter chassis is light and aerodynamic
- Anti-skid drift tires
- 4 GHz transmitter for powerful RC communication
Overall, it is the best RC drift car and has been designed to pull off those never ending drifts, which is great fun. The entire care comes preassembled, but you can easily access the front and back of the machine for fine tuning if necessary. The construction is very detailed, and the wheels don’t skid unless you force it too via a drift and it can handle a variety of different street surfaces.Check it Out
Traxxas XO AWD Fast RC Car
If your main priority when using RC cars is to go fast, the Traxxas XO Supercar is your best bet. It is designed for racing and speed, so you can really push it to the limit. In fact, it is possibly the fastest RC car on the market.
It is stylish and flashy, so other cars will see you coming and is available in 4 different colors. Some of the standout features of the Traxxas XO Supercar include:
- Brushless motor with XO thrust and 25.2V extreme ESC to push the car to 60 miles per hour in 2.3 seconds.
- Max speed is over 100 miles per hour using the 3s LiPo batteries, which are optional and can be purchased separately.
- TQi 2.4 GHz radio transmitter with telemetry sensors for the most accurate long range transmission
- TSM stability management keeps the car from tipping at high speeds
- All wheel drive with reinforced steel-gear differentials and shock absorbing cush drive provide durability out on the road and prevent damage from impact
- ProGraphix body with detailed paint job and aerodynamic design
Everything about the Traxxas XO Supercar is designed for racing. Although it is completely aerodynamic, it is reinforced with steel and has shock absorbing tires, so those fast speeds won’t result in extra wear and tear on your car. With a max speed of over 100 miles per hour, other RC cars will be left in the dust.
Overall, it is the fastest RC car you can buy without any modifications but you will have to pay a premium for this need for speed.Check it Out
Redcat Racing Everest Gen7 RC Rock Crawler
The Redcat Everest Gen7 is different from your typical electric RC car because it’s designed for use on all different types of terrain. It has a detailed, durable, and powerful design that makes it one of the best off road RC cars.
While other cars might not be able to handle the shock of unstable terrain or rocky surfaces, the Redcat crushes them without taking a hit. The specs of the Redcat Racing Everest Gen7 Rock Crawler include:
- 3 millimeter steel ladder frame that’s powder coated to prevent scratches
- Interco licensed ‘super swamper’ tires with extra traction
- 9 beadlock wheels
- Brushed 550 motor provides enough power for tough terrain
- Spare tire and scale accessory mounting system provides total realism
This car stands out from others because of the durable tires and construction, which are the best for off road adventures. The tires have superior grip, so you can traverse long distances without worrying about getting stuck. The construction quality is impeccably detailed and durable, with scale parts that mimic a full-size off road car.Check it Out
Ferrari La Ferrari RC Car
The La Ferrari is a great RC car for beginners that are not too bothered with crazy speed or drifting but simply want fun. It’s one of the cheapest RC cars on the market, but it’s also a very detailed, accurate replica that provides great value.
This car is an actual replica model of the La Ferrari car, with detailed specs and a bright yellow color that’s very stylish. Although it isn’t the fastest car you will find on the market, it does run fairly quickly for the price.
Overall, it is an affordable RC car that looks great and can take a fair amount of damage. It even has electric lights at the front and back for driving it at night.Check it Out
RC Cars Buying Guide
There are so many different types of remote control cars available that it can be very difficult to choose one that fits everything on your checklist. Before purchasing a remote control car, it is important to understand the different types of remote control cars as well as what to look for in a remote control car. Here’s a comprehensive buying guide for RC cars.
Types of RC Cars
The first thing to consider when searching for an RC car is what type of RC car you are looking for. There are many different types of cars available, and they all have different features and are designed for their own unique purposes. Here are the most common types of RC cars you will find, and the benefits of each one.
- Racing cars: These cars are designed to go fast, and are built with powerful engines and aerodynamic bodies. They typically are reinforced with light metals for durability, and many of these cars are actually replicas of real racing cars on the market.
- Sports car replicas: These are somewhat similar to racing RC cars in that they are designed to go fast and are built with a strong attention to detail. These cars are usually direct scale replicas of famous cars that are already on the market. They may not have quite as powerful engines or aerodynamic bodies as racing cars, but they are still very stylish.
- Drift RC cars: These are race cars that are designed specifically for drifting. Drifting is a driving technique that many professional racers use for efficiency. These cars usually have anti-skid tires designed specifically for drifting.
- Rock Crawlers: These are cars that are designed to go off road. They are usually replicas of real off road cars, and they have large, durable tires that can handle a variety of different types of terrain.
Range of Controller
Another factor to take into consideration is the range and quality of the controller. The longer the range is, the further you will be able to drive without having to run after the car. It’s also important that the controller doesn’t glitch or interfere with other electronic devices.
This is particularly crucial if you like to race your RC cars, because you don’t want your controller to interact with your competition’s controller.
The power and type of engine is something else that’s important to look at. The more powerful the engine, the more efficient your car will be. You will be able to speed up and slow down faster, and more powerful engines tend to last longer as well.
When choosing a car, you should also find out if it uses a brushed or brushless motor. Brushless motors are much higher quality and are the best choice for a durable, high-quality RC car. They are much more efficient as well, so you’ll get much more distance out of your car with less energy.
If you like to race, it’s important to find out the maximum speed of the remote control car you are interested in. Some racing cars can go as fast as 100 miles per hour, which is incredible for racing. However, if you are just looking for a sports car or a toy RC car, you may not need something that goes that fast. Faster cars can be more difficult to control as well, so they aren’t always the best choices for beginners.
Everyone has their own unique preferences when it comes to the design of their RC car, so it’s another thing that you should take a look at when shopping. Think about the types of real cars you like if you aren’t sure where to start when buying an RC car.
You’ll also want to look at the detail in the design. The more detailed a car is, the more value and enjoyment you will get out of it. Detailed cars are also more durable in many cases, because they use higher quality parts.
If you like to use your RC cars outside, be sure to check if the car is waterproof. Many RC cars come in waterproof models. Waterproofing allows you to use your car whenever you want with no limits, and there’s no avoiding puddles or anything else that could get the car wet. Some RC cars even have anti-skid tires that are made specifically for use in wet conditions.
One of the most crucial factors when it comes to choosing your RC car is the battery life. Many cars don’t come with batteries, which allows you to choose the battery you prefer on your own. However, this can be quite inconvenient, particularly for new RC car users. If your car comes with a battery, you should always check how long the battery life is and how to recharge it. If the car is difficult to recharge, it can really get in the way of your RC car enjoyment.
With so many different types of RC cars available, it really just comes down to what type of car you are looking for and what features you need in your car. You can choose from anything from an entry-level car all the way up to the fastest RC Cars.
Regardless of what type of car you are interested in, it should be well-constructed, with a beautiful design and great performance. Durable parts are very important as well, as you won’t want to have to replace anything on your car. Our team at ProCarReviews are big fan of drift RC cars and they are certainly gaining popularity.